One problem with zone pricing is that it doesn’t suit meet & greet services: Although a surcharge can be applied, the direction of a journey does not determine its use in the taxi journey price calculation. After some consideration we decided that even basing the pricing on the first zone entered would not provide adequate coverage of this service, often offered by Taxi companies providing pick-ups from airports.
Unrelated Rants (1)
Taxi Business (5)
- The Return Of… the round trip taxi journey
- Turn off the map
- Taxi Booking Notifications via Email
- International TaxiMap
- Set taxi fares for Christmas, New Year, Bank Holidays…
- Predefined Taxi Journey Prices
- Everybody’s a Reseller
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Scaleable taxi discounts based on distance
- New taxi booking notification and confirmation emails
- TaxiMap geolocation
- Zone to Zone Fixed Pricing – a step too far?
- Adapting to online: Responsiveness is key!
- Why the fixed price?
- New features in TaxiMap
- No public Twitter messages.